Sunday, February 15, 2009

semi-observing report 2/14-15/09

Well I tried to observe but it didn't work out that well... I couldn't see the comet because I think it was too close to the moon. I was only using binos, but at a mag of about 6 I would have thought I could see it. Guess not. I did catch a glimpse of M3 and M51 I think. I'm not sure if it was really them or I just know they are there so wishful thinking. I did see Albireo, a really bright meteor, a sun pillar right before sunrise and then sun dogs shortly after sunrise. I was waiting for a -7 flare but the clouds rolled in just in time to prevent that. Oh well, at least I stepped out for a few minutes, and it felt great! Better luck next time I guess...not to mention it was 17 degrees and I didn't really want to pull the scope out anyhow ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment